Sunday, February 3, 2008

1:21 to Go.

During the Superbowl XVII, I noticed something ironic about the timing of the game and the song selection. Maybe someone will agree with me and then it will be proven the opposite of irony. At any rate, here's what I found. At around 1:21 down to the end of the game, Bush's song "Machine Head" started to play. Before I get to my point, let me just say that the first few seconds of the song would be used as motivation to start working out or something of the sort. The sound just gets you going. Furthering my point, the introduction of the song sans the lyrics lasts for 37 seconds. Here's where my psychological mind-set kicked in and I realized what the lyrics were saying and oddly enough, how much time was on the clock. "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in" are the first words of the song, and then slowly, the song fades out while the game starts up again. The timing of the game and the obvious lyrics that were played leaves me in awe. I could not be more proud of the person who chose to play the song at that time during the game than I am of a prodigy child. There are times in my life and I'm sure in yours, when the lyrics that you hear speak to you. Yes, this was one of those times. It was all too perfect because at that point, there was 1:21 left on the clock everyone watching is freaking out. The Patriots, if champions, would become the second team in NFL history to have a perfect season on top of winning the superbowl and the Giants hadn't won since 1991. Needless to say, this game was full of intensity concerning who wins and who loses. Oh, and I love the song, "Machine Head."

No comments: