Friday, May 2, 2008

Gender AND Race. Wouldn't Ya know!?

Rihanna. Basically, if I wanted to, that's all that I would have to put on this blog and most Americans would know what I mean. However, for the sake of it being a blog and me having to explain what I mean, I will do just that. Rihanna is such a talented singer and she's black! Amazing how that happens. The best part about it is that she's talented. This woman has been in the spotlight of the media for going on over a year now and she's only gotten more and more sucessful. Of course, her sex-appeal has a lot to do with why many people are drawn to her, but that's the really cool thing about it. She takes her fame and she runs with it. From her hit song, "SOS" to "Take a Bow," she takes her girl power and basically does what I want to do for my ex-boyfriends...tell them how it really is. Sadly, most girls today, or ever, can't do that. Most girls, in fact, go back to their ex-boyfriends because they feel comfortable. Rihanna, however, writes a song about how pathetic her ex-boyfriend is and how much she's basically laughing in his face...and makes a hit of it! You go, Girl!

No comments: