Friday, May 2, 2008

Jackie Jeter


So, in our most recent book about situational black comedy, the writer was almost giving excuses for why "black comedy" is OK in America and what the history of it tells us. In class going back a few weeks ago, (I'm good with keeping up with the times) we spoke about how black people are portrayed and if we, as members of today's society, believe that actor's and people in the media are portrayed more "black" by the black standards or "black" by the white standards. Now, I know that baseball isn't the epitome of the media freznie unless it's "in Season" or Derek Jeter dates Maria Carey. However, I am aware that baseball players, especially the attractive ones, are followed very carefully by the media. This brings me to my point. Being black has been almost re-defined since Jackie Robinson. Many things started to change around that time and for that, I can say that black comedy and black media have been changed, not entriely, but because it's been changed, the progress can at least be seen. Here's to you, Jackie! Thanks.

No comments: