Saturday, May 3, 2008

Made of...Really? REALLY?

One day, one of my best friend's Rob and I were walking in the King of Prussia mall when he looked at an advertisement and made a face that couldn't only be interpreted into these words, "Oh...hehhh...I...noooo!" That face was in response to seeing the advertisement for the new movie, "Made of Honor." I have to admit, I was a little slow in the process because all I saw was another movie being advertised and not the pathetic attempt of a pun. Actually, I guess it was a pretty good attempt because it went directly over my head. I haven't seen the movie and I have to be honest, I really don't know if I want to when/if it comes out (maybe the film will be melted by a fire in Hollywood after someone realizes how terrible of a name it is) but I can say that after actually getting the pun, I had a very similar reaction as Rob did.

Made of Honor? Really?! As far as I'm concerned, the movie is about a man who wants to sleep with as many women as possible and chooses the ones that he comes across in this movie as his bait. I can only imagine what sly tactics he uses and whatever he does, I'm sure that the girls will fall for him. He's McDreamy! Oh, please hit me for saying that. Anyway. Made? Made of Honor? Yes. He's being portrayed in this advertisement as the strapping man that he truly is made of. Please. How cheesy can you get? If I'm not mistaken, I can only imagine how much of a jerk he turns out to be at the end of the movie- because let's face it, the writers of these movies love to throw in cute little twists and turns and when a given title is THIS cheesy, the movie HAS to be a doozie! After all, "it takes a REAL man to become a maid of honor." Yuck.

No comments: