Saturday, May 3, 2008

Racism Done Right.

LISTEN! I'm not saying racism is good and I'm not saying anything about black or whites or mixed ethnicities being the devil. I'm saying that Lisa Lampinelli does a great job (unlike Ned Mencia) at making racist jokes actually work. Many comedians dabble in racist jokes and find that the don't have the correct element in their act that make them funny. Lisa Lampinelli was born with that element. "My idea is, this is a comedy club. If you can't take a joke...leave." She says it in her improv! Lisa Lampinelli opens her mouth and offends people- people who don't know how to take a joke. The best part about her is that she says the truth and she's funny about. "Screw you, Hector. Like you've ever seen the inside of an escuela. Well, that time you were sweepin' it. I'm joking. He doesn't work. Come on, vampires do more during the day than a freekin' Hispanic. Once you go 'Rican, a job you'll be seekin'. He's so cute, man. I'm glad you're here man. What's your name, Pedro? Nick? Nick the spik. I like that- rhymes. I like guys that can take a joke." She takes the truth and makes it funny by making friends with the crowd, feeling them out and then bashing them like crazy. However, she always goes back and thanks the people for taking a joke as well as they did. In the beginning of the act that this bit came from, she speaks of soccer moms from Connecticut who were at the last comedy club that she performed at. All she has to say is what terrible people they were because they were only concerned with themselves. Hence, "if you can't take a joke...leave!" As for now, that's all that I have to say...but trust me- I'll be back to elaborate.

WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTQqE4ggys&feature=related

No comments: