Saturday, May 3, 2008

I Vote For a Large Bean.

If not live, we at at least reside for the time being in Pennsylvania. Therefore, we all know what Wawa is. Whether or not you actually like going to Wawa is a different story. However, if you've gone in one of these fine establishments within the last few months, I'm sure you've noticed the little Mexican display (advertisement) over the coffee area. Wawa is representing Mexico via coffee because of the Columbian coffee that they're serving. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, every time I see this display with a colorful shall over the Wawa sign, my soul cries a little bit. I know that Wawa wants to cater to everyone they serve, but can we do it a little less offensively, please? Colombians aren't known for much in America other than producing cocaine, so now, we have to attribute Wawa's celebration of the coffee to this fine land of Columbia because we want to be "politically correct." Personally, I think that placing a large coffee bean over the sign and calling it a day would be just fine.

3 comments:

Kevin M said...

Is it a Mexican display or a Colombian display, Sarah? Because those two countries are not the same country.

SaSi said...

I believe it's a Mexican display...but I ignorantly attributed it to Columbia because of "coffee." I will look that up because it bothered me to not know as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

SaSi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.